Serene - I Wish You Understood

Monday, August 15, 2011



Serene is a 13 year old singer from Wantagh, New York. Her ability far exceeds her age but I believe her true potential is being partially obstructed. In her song I Wish You Understood she demonstrates her vocal strength but the recording quality does not allow her to really shine through. The music sounds all computer generated and is predictable. This may be due to the influences of their music are formulaic pop rock artists. This could all probably be hidden a little better if the bass guitar was turned up, people always underestimate the power of the bass. The lyrics are what you would expect to read in a journal you would find from your preteen years but hey that stuff sells. I get what she is going for and she is doing an excellent job but I feel like as she grows into an adult she will grow into her own artistic identity and meet her potential.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't hate this but I can see where some better words would be less juvenile.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket