James Lewis Speed- All my bestfriends

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Belated father's day Cover ArtJames Lewis Speed is an awesome lo-fi singer song writer I happened upon on the internet. I chose the song All my bestfriends for the reason that the overlapping vocals are so simple yet hypnotic. Speed's voice and a guitar work find a some how untapped originality it such simple music. Simple is not intended to be used in a derogatory way as we should all no some of the worlds best songs are the simplest. The lyrical styling is very indie and reminds me of the scattered poetic vocals of Issac Brock. They fill the mind with an image that is nearly neutral and leaves the recipient of the stimuli to make their own impressions into the mold of this music, A musical Rorschach Test of sorts. When I hear this song I hear all to torture of this world followed by euphoria of a faith rewarded at a bitter sweet cost. perhaps reaching some sort of heavenly house party where you are talking to all of your best friends, no matter how estranged, dead, or just long faded the friendship or friend may be. If you are a person that put a lot of the thought and scrutiny in lyrics give this budding artist a listen at:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket